Terms and Conditions of Sale , Warranty and Delivery
The buyer’s attention is in particular drawn to the provisions of conditions 9.0 -10.0
- 1.1 The definitions and rules of interpretation in this condition apply in these conditions.
Buyer: the person, firm or company or Sole trader who purchases the Goods from the Company.
Company: THF GROUP . inc. THF Communications inc. Connect My Car ( ebay store)
Contract: any contract between the Company and the Buyer for the sale and purchase of the Goods, incorporating these conditions.
Delivery Point: the place where delivery of the Goods is to take place under condition 4.
Goods: any goods and any associated services agreed in the Contract to be supplied to the Buyer by the Company or its associates (including any part or parts of them).
- 1.2 A reference to a particular law is a reference to it as it is in force for the time being taking account of any amendment, extension, application or re-enactment and includes any subordinate legislation for the time being in force made under it.
- 1.3 Words in the singular include the plural and in the plural include the singular.
- 1.4 A reference to one gender includes a reference to the other gender.
- 1.5 Condition headings do not affect the interpretation of these conditions.
- Application of terms
- 2.1 The Contract shall be on these conditions to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions (including any terms or conditions which the Buyer purports to apply under any purchase order, confirmation of order, specification or other document).
- 2.2 No terms or conditions endorsed on, delivered with or contained in the Buyer’s purchase order, confirmation of order, specification or other document shall form part of the Contract simply as a result of such document being referred to in the Contract.
- 2.3 These conditions apply to all the Company’s sales and any variation to these conditions and any representations about the Goods shall have no effect unless expressly agreed in writing and signed by a Director of the Company. The Buyer acknowledges that it has not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on behalf of the Company which is not set out in the Contract. Nothing in these conditions shall exclude or limit the Company’s liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
- 2.4 Each order or acceptance of a quotation for Goods by the Buyer from the Company shall be deemed to be an offer by the Buyer to buy Goods subject to these conditions.
- 2.5 No order placed by the Buyer shall be deemed to be accepted by the Company until a written acknowledgement of order is issued by the Company or (if earlier) the Company delivers the Goods to the Buyer.
- 2.6 The Buyer shall ensure that the terms of its order and any applicable specification are complete and accurate. The Buyer’s attention is drawn to Condition 7.3
- 2.7 Any quotation is given on the basis that no Contract shall come into existence until the Company despatches an acknowledgement of order to the Buyer. Any quotation is valid for a period of 28 days only from its date, provided that the Company has not previously withdrawn it.
- 3.1 The quantity and description of the Goods shall be as set out in the Company’s quotation or acknowledgement of order.
- 3.2 All samples, drawings, descriptive matter, specifications and advertising issued or displayed by the Company and any descriptions or illustrations contained in the Company’s website, catalogues or brochures are issued or published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the Goods described in them.
- 4.1 Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Company, delivery of the Goods shall take place at the location specified in the Contract or if not so specified then at the Company’s place of business. Delivery of items / goods will be to the address as placed on the invoice or order , Australia Post will deliver all goods to the address listed where possible , inc PO Boxes , normal delivery time from order is 2-5 days , WA customers and regional / remote areas will need to allow up to 10 days for delivery . If at time of delivery no one is at home or at the place of business to sign for delivery then the item will be held at the nearest post office for pick-up.
- 4.2 Goods will usually be despatched within 1 day of receipt of payment. Any dates and times specified by the Company for delivery of the Goods are intended to be an estimate and time for delivery shall not be made of the essence by notice. If no dates are so specified, delivery shall be within a reasonable time. Where dates and times for delivery are agreed by the Company, the Company will use its reasonable endeavours to honour them.
- 4.3 Subject to the other provisions of these conditions the Company and its associates shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss (all three of which terms include, without limitation, pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and similar loss), costs, damages, charges or expenses caused directly or indirectly by any delay in the delivery of the Goods , nor shall any delay entitle the Buyer to terminate or rescind the Contract unless such delay exceeds 90 days.
- 4.4 If for any reason the Buyer fails to accept delivery of any of the Goods when they are ready for delivery, or the Company is unable to deliver the Goods on time because the Buyer has not provided appropriate instructions, documents, licences or authorisations:
- a) risk in the Goods shall pass to the Buyer (including for loss or damage caused by the Company’s negligence);
- b) the Goods shall be deemed to have been delivered; and
- c) the Company may store the Goods until delivery, whereupon the Buyer shall be liable for all related costs and expenses (including, without limitation, storage and insurance).
- d) free shipping on selected products on website only available when ordered within Australia , Buyers who place orders outside of Australia for delivery overseas will need to international shipping fees and any custom fees payable on arrival in the destination country.
- 5.1 The quantity of any consignment of Goods as recorded by the Company on despatch from the Company’s place of business shall be conclusive evidence of the quantity received by the Buyer on delivery unless the Buyer can provide conclusive evidence proving the contrary.
- 5.2 The Company shall not be liable for any non-delivery of Goods unless the Buyer gives written notice to the Company of the non-delivery within 14 days of the date when the Goods would in the ordinary course of events have been received.
- 5.3 Any liability of the Company for non-delivery of the Goods shall be limited to replacing the Goods within a reasonable time or issuing a credit note at the pro rata Contract rate against any invoice raised for such Goods.
- Risk / title
- 6.1 The Goods are at the risk of the Buyer from the time of delivery.
- 6.2 Ownership of the Goods shall not pass to the Buyer until the Company has received in full (in cash or cleared funds) all sums due to it in respect of:
- a) the Goods; and
- b) all other sums which are or which become due to the Company from the Buyer on any account.
- 6.3 Until ownership of the Goods has passed to the Buyer, the Buyer shall:
- a) hold the Goods on a fiduciary basis as the Company’s bailee;
- b) store the Goods (at no cost to the Company) separately from all other goods of the Buyer or any third party in such a way that they remain readily identifiable as the Company’s property;
- c) not destroy, deface or obscure any identifying mark or packaging on or relating to the Goods; and
- d) maintain the Goods in satisfactory condition and keep them insured on the Company’s behalf for their full price against all risks to the reasonable satisfaction of the Company. On request the Buyer shall produce the policy of insurance to the Company.
- 7.1 Unless otherwise agreed by the Company in writing, the price for the Goods shall be the price set out in the Company’s price list published on the date of delivery or deemed delivery or if different as stated in the form of any quotation communicated to the Buyer.
- 7.2 The price for the Goods shall be exclusive of any value added tax but (unless otherwise stated) shall be inclusive of all AUS. delivery costs.
- 7.3 If at any time after the Company has accepted an order or quotation from a Buyer;
?7.3.1 the Buyer cancels the order giving less than twenty four hours notice a cancellation fee of $55 (plus GST) will be payable;
?7.3.2 it transpires at the point of delivery of the Goods ordered are not appropriate or sufficient for the vehicle by reason of incorrect or incomplete information having been supplied by the Buyer, then the Buyer shall be liable for the cost of any additional parts and, if it is not possible to fully complete an installation or delivery of Goods at that time, then there shall be an additional attendance/service call charge of $55 (plus GST);
?7.3.3 it transpires at the point of delivery that the vehicle or Buyer (or their representative) are not present within 20 minutes of any agreed appointment time and if the engineer needs to leave without completing delivery or installation of the Goods, then there shall be an additional attendance/service call charge of $55 (plus GST).
- 8.1 Payment of the price for the Goods is, unless otherwise agreed in writing, due in Australian dollars contemporaneously upon acceptance by the Company of any order or quotation and shall be by credit/debit card or other means acceptable to the Company.
- 8.2 The Buyer shall make all payments due under the Contract in full without any deduction whether by way of set-off, counterclaim, discount, abatement or otherwise unless the Buyer has a valid court order requiring an amount equal to such deduction to be paid by the Company to the Buyer.
- 8.3 If the Buyer fails to pay the Company any sum due pursuant to the Contract, the Buyer shall be liable to pay interest to the Company on such sum from the due date for payment at the annual rate of 4% above the base lending rate from time to time of Westpac Bank, accruing on a daily basis until payment is made, whether before or after any judgment. The Company reserves the right to claim interest under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
- 9.1 Where the Company is not the manufacturer of the Goods, the Company shall endeavour to transfer to the Buyer the benefit of any warranty or guarantee given to the Company.
- 9.2 The Company warrants that (subject to the other provisions of these conditions) on delivery , and for a period of 12 months from the date of delivery, the Goods shall:
- a) be of satisfactory quality within the meaning of the Sale of Goods Act 1979;
- b) be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which the Goods are being bought if the Buyer had made known that purpose to the Company in writing and the Company has confirmed in writing that it is reasonable for the Buyer to rely on the skill and judgement of the Company.
- 9.3 The Company shall not be liable for a breach of the warranties in condition 9.2 unless:
- a) the Buyer gives written notice of the defect to the Company, and, if the defect is as a result of damage in transit to the carrier, within 21 days of the time when the Buyer discovers or ought to have discovered the defect; and
- b) the Company is given a reasonable opportunity after receiving the notice of examining such Goods and the Buyer (if asked to do so by the Company) returns such Goods to the Company’s place of business at the Company’s cost for the examination to take place there.
- c) the Buyer is responsible for any postage / shipping costs involved in returning a product to THF Group under warranty , we reserve the right to replace or repair the item , ( provided the item has not been misused / incorrectly installed or used for a purpose not intended 9.4b )
- 9.4 The Company shall not be liable for a breach of the warranties in condition 9.2 if:
- a) the Buyer makes any further use of such Goods after giving such notice; or
- b) The defect arises because the Buyer failed to follow the manufacturer’s or the Company’s oral or written instructions as to the storage, installation, commissioning, use or maintenance of the Goods or if it is as a result of the acts or omissions of the Buyer (including maltreatment or abuse) or the buyer uses the product for a purpose not intended , or if the buyer fails to get the product installed by a proffessional installer. Use of any car-kits or phone cradles outside of a vehicle which results in damage or fault to the product may void the warranty.
- c) the Buyer alters or repairs such Goods without the written consent of the Company.
- 9.5 Subject to condition 9.3 and condition 9.4, if any of the Goods do not conform with the warranties in condition 9.2 the Company shall at its option repair or replace such Goods (or the defective part) or refund the price of such Goods at the pro rata Contract rate provided that, if the Company so requests, the Buyer shall, at the Company’s expense, return the Goods or the part of such Goods which is defective to the Company.
- 9.6 If the Company complies with condition 9.5 it shall have no further liability for a breach of the warranties in condition 9.2 in respect of such Goods.
- 9.7 Any Goods replaced shall belong to the Company and any repaired or replacement Goods shall be guaranteed on these terms for the unexpired portion of the original 12 month period.
- Limitation of liability
- 10.1 Save as otherwise stated herein, the following provisions set out the entire financial liability of the Company (including any liability for the acts or omissions of its employees, agents and sub-contractors) to the Buyer in respect of:
- a) any breach of these conditions;
- b) any use made or resale by the Buyer of any of the Goods, or of any product incorporating any of the Goods; and
- c) any representation, statement or tortious act or omission including negligence arising under or in connection with the Contract.
- 10.2 All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law (save for the conditions implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979) are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the Contract.
- 10.3 Nothing in these conditions excludes or limits the liability of the Company:
- a) for death or personal injury caused by the Company’s negligence; or
- b) under section 2(3), Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- c) for any matter which it would be illegal for the Company to exclude or attempt to exclude its liability; or
- d) for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- 10.4 Subject to condition 10.2 and condition 10.3:
- a) the Company’s total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise, arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of the Contract shall be limited to the Contract price; and
- b) the Company shall not be liable to the Buyer for loss of profit, loss of business, in each case whether direct, indirect or consequential, or any claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (howsoever caused) which arise out of or in connection with the Contract.
- 11.1 The Company may assign the Contract or any part of it to any person, firm or company.
- 11.2 The Buyer shall not be entitled to assign the Contract or any part of it without the prior written consent of the Company.
- Force majeure
The Company reserves the right to defer the date of delivery or to cancel the Contract or reduce the volume of the Goods ordered by the Buyer (without liability to the Buyer) if it is prevented from or delayed in the carrying on of its business due to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Company including, without limitation, acts of God, governmental actions, war or national emergency, acts of terrorism, protests, riot, civil commotion, fire, explosion, flood, epidemic, lock-outs, strikes or other labour disputes (whether or not relating to either party’s workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, provided that, if the event in question continues for a continuous period in excess of 180 days, the Buyer shall be entitled to give notice in writing to the Company to terminate the Contract.
- 13.1 Each right or remedy of the Company under the Contract is without prejudice to any other right or remedy of the Company whether under the Contract or not.
- 13.2 If any provision of the Contract is found by any court, tribunal or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be wholly or partly illegal, invalid, void, voidable, unenforceable or unreasonable it shall to the extent of such illegality, invalidity, voidness, voidability, unenforceability or unreasonableness be deemed severable and the remaining provisions of the Contract and the remainder of such provision shall continue in full force and effect.
- 13.3 Failure or delay by the Company in enforcing or partially enforcing any provision of the Contract shall not be construed as a waiver of any of its rights under the Contract.
- 13.4 Any waiver by the Company of any breach of, or any default under, any provision of the Contract by the Buyer shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default and shall in no way affect the other terms of the Contract.
- 13.5 The parties to the Contract do not intend that any term of the Contract shall be enforceable by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any person that is not a party to it other than by any relevant suppliers or associates of the Company.
- 13.6 This Contract and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Australian consumer law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Australian courts.